- Monday till Thursday (mornings)
- For children of 2 years and older
- With experienced ski instructors
- On the ski slope with magic carpet lift right next to the hotel
- Ski equipment hire incl. helmet is included in the course price
- Certificate and medal for every participant
Let’s go skiing – and to do that, all we have to do is step outside the hotel. Kids from the age of 2 (at least show size 25) can discover the joys of skiing. The facilities at the Children’s Hotel Felben are ideal for even the smallest children to take their first steps on skis. On the gentle ski hill right next to the hotel there is a magic carpet ski lift which means that the kids can get to the top of the slope again after every run with ease. The ski course takes place from Monday to Thursday, from 9:45 to approx. 12 noon. Because we start with the basics on Monday and gradually increase the pace, it is important the kids take part in the course right from the start and continue on to Thursday – this guarantees the best possible results. Of course we provide the equipment needed (skis, ski boots and helmets). On the last day of the course the kids get the opportunity to show off what they have learned and are each presented with a certificate and medal by Clara Clover, the hotel mascot.
- For the whole family (for children of around 5 years and older) with Baby Günter
- 14 km of natural toboggan run fun – the longest in the world
- Free sledge hire
- Free helmets for children
Fun and action for the whole family is had on our sledging trip to the Wildkogel natural toboggan run. We make the ascent to the top of the run, at about 2,100 metres above sea level, with the “Smaragdbahn” cable car in Bramberg. From here the longest natural, flood-lit toboggan run in the world starts – 14 kilometres of adrenaline-packed fun right back down to the valley. Tobogganers cover an amazing altitude difference of 1,300 meters in around 30 – 50 minutes. Of course we provide sledges and children’s helmets for this trip free of charge.
- For all children, accompanied by our childminding staff
- Search for and identify animal tracks
- Understanding how animals survive the winter
- Feeding the wild animals
We head into the neighbouring woodland in search of animals tracks. With the help of our staff your children can become animal tracking experts. Who can identify the animal tracks in the snow? What is the difference between the tracks of a hare and a deer? Do birds also leave prints in the snow? And, because the animals are usually hungry in the winter, we bring them something to eat. This is a great winter excursion for our young trackers.
- For all children together with the child-minders
- In the hotel’s playground
Ski-suites, hats and gloves are the only equipment needed for snow castle building and the playground right next to the hotel is the perfect building site. „Snow architects“ of all ages can get stuck into the task of building the most impressive castle, igloo or cave.
- For all children, accompanied by our child-minding staff
- In the hotel’s own playground
In winter there’s more than about skiing. The kids also can have a lot of winter fun with building a snow man. Of course it’s more fun if everybody works together. Who knows – maybe we get a whole snow man family? We prettify the snow men also with food-coloring. Which snow-man has the most colorful dress?
- For kids of 2 and half years and older together with the child-minders
- Or a special activity for children of 7 years and older in the evenings
- The dinghy is pulled across the snow-covered fields by a tractor
This is a rubber dinghy ride of a completely different kind! Anyone can go on a rubber dinghy ride in the summer, here at the Children’s Hotel Felben we prefer to go on a dingy slide in the winter – great outdoor winter fun.
- For all children together with our child-minding staff
- Mucking out the rabbit and guinea pig hutches
- Feeding all the animals
There’s always plenty to do on a farm, it’s important that our animals are happy so keeping everything clean for them and making sure they have enough to eat is a full-time job. That’s why we invite all the children to help Farmer Toni, together with the child-minding staff, with his daily duties. The ideal task for our young helpers is cleaning the hutches and laying out fresh straw for the rabbits and guinea pigs. Afterwards, the children get the chance to feed and stroke all our four-legged friends. This is a great way to introduce children to the world of animals and show them how they are taken care of properly.