Hiking with children in Salzburg County A holiday in our hiking Hotel Felben in Mittersill
Hiking with children in Salzburg County is an absolute pleasure – especially since the Children’s Hotel Felben was awarded the official title “Hiking Hotel” in July 2011. Whether you want to enjoy a mountain pasture walk accompanied by one of our childminders or challenging hikes in the Hohe Tauern National Park with a park ranger – you’ll be overwhelmed by the stunning Alpine panoramas of Salzburg County.
What the Hiking Hotel Felben offers walkers
- 3 to 5 (depending on the time of year) guided walks per week
- You are picked up at the hotel by the free hiking shuttle bus
- Hiking tours at all levels of difficulty, from child-suitable to high Alpine
- Family walks with our Hiking Hotel Felben childminders
In our special hiking info folder you will find detailed route description of all the tours in the Hohe Tauern Region, from easy to extremely challenging, so you are bound to find the tours that suit you and your family best. In our certified hiking hotel you receive a free hiking map, tips and advice from our knowledgeable staff as well as free hire of walking poles, backpacks and if required water-proof clothing
Walking trails in and around Mittersill
Many of the trails in the region start right on the doorstep of the Children’s Hotel Felben and will take you through the Hiking Park Kitzbüheler Alps. This is the ideal way to spend quality time with your children discovering the flora and fauna of the region while taking in the magnificent scenery and the fresh, clear mountain air.
- Hiking folder with info on more than 140 walking tours
- Easy, moderate and difficult hikes
- Hikes that are suitable with a pram or buggy
- Children-suitable hikes
- Valley and peak hikes
- Free walking map
- Equipment hire at the hotel (backpacks, walking poles, water-proof clothing)
Hiking with children in the Hohe Tauern National Park
The Children’s Hotel Felben lies in the heart of the holiday region Hohe Tauern National Park. The mountain range of the Hohe Tauern stretches from east to west for several hundred kilometres and boasts 300 peaks that are higher than 3,000 metres. This is a magnificent nature reserve that offers countless stunning hiking possibilities for you and your family.
Facts about the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Established in 1981
- Covers an area of 1856 km² and is hence the largest national park in the Alps
- Is divided into an outer zone (populated, farms, hotels, houses etc.) and the inner zone
- That has been completely left to nature
- Stretches across the three Austrian counties of Salzburg, Tirol and Carinthia
- Boasts more than 300 peaks that are over 3,000 m in height
- 342 glaciers covering a total area of 130 km²
- 279 streams, 57 of which are glacial
- 26 major waterfalls and numerous small falls
- 551 mountain lakes between 35 m² and 27 ha in size
Highlights in the Mittersill’s National Park
- Krimml Waterfalls
- Gaisstein (Europe’s highest grass mountain)
- Hintersee und Blausee picturesque mountain lakes
- Untersulzbach Waterfall
Get a taste of the hikes that await you and your family in Salzburg County by taking a look at some of our hiking recommendations here:
Have we managed to convince you?
Then send us your non-binding enquiry for a holiday at the Hiking and Children’ Hotel Felben now!